Monday 1 August 2011

The morning sky…


Rising before the sun, was an experience I had long forgotten. A dearth of commitment, a sleepless night did wonders for me as I rose today and embraced the dawn. A minute before dawn is the darkest time of the day, that’s what they say. So in the darkest of times, the light is just a minute away. Well, that’s precisely what I learned today. As I got ready to hit the road, a small yawning from my friend almost killed the day. But yesterday’s dearth of commitment really helped my dedication, as I accepted at last, the dawn’s invitation.


I started my walk down the lane; the silence as always was golden. As the dawn slowly approached, song of all the birds filled my empty soul. For couple of minutes, I stared down the unknown road. It’s amazing how at horizon, the earth touches the sky. It made me realize that in long run, anything is possible if we really try. I started to run, to jog. Amidst a little fog I saw an old couple, passed a middle aged woman, smiled at a cat, hushed a barking dog, laughed at a snoring cow and finally I stopped as  I saw a five year old boy going for work.


Carrying a heavy load on his head the boy was still smiling, for he was leaving the miseries of his home behind. In return for a whole day’s work, which he wouldn’t mind. I stopped. My heart sank. A little hope in the boy’s eyes, left me blank. A leisure walk for me, a morning chorus for him. I couldn’t run, I didn’t jog. I simply followed the boy in the fading fog. There was a little excitement in his walk, I was confused and so I stopped. I realized that I was not to play any part in his life, but just take my lesson and carry on with mine. I remembered as a child I was fearless, not ready to give up on anything easily. As a child I laughed, even in the situations, the mature people are enthralled. I wished I could be as enthusiastic as a child, love every second, live every moment raw and wild.


I started my walk back towards my flat. I felt exhausted physically but mentally fresh. As I saw the sun just above horizon, I realized that time had flown by. A group of birds flew free in the sky. It’s my life, it’s my way. Well, that’s what they say. But is it really? We are scared to make a new path. We are excited no more in exploring the hidden clues. Even the sky, it just looks blue. All these questions loomed as I saluted the morning sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment